Full-time remote position
Who we are
folk is a collaborative SaaS tool to centralize, organize and activate contacts. We're taking inspiration from the new wave of productivity tools like Superhuman, Figma, Notion and Airtable, to reinvent the way contacts are managed.
We want to become the reference both for individuals looking for a personal CRM as for large teams whose job revolves around managing contacts (candidates for HR, leads and clients for salespeople, journalists for PR, and many more)
Created within eFounders in 2020, we've raised a seed round with Accel and angels from forward-thinking companies (Notion, Intercom, Figma, Dropbox, Stripe, Google, etc.), and we're about to launch the first version of our product.
Check out our Product demo
Are you up for this challenge?
At folk, data is a broader concept that can leverage technologies such as backend development, machine learning, web crawling, applied mathematics, graphs, etc... with the objective to define: How can we add value to our user's existing data ?
Data is used to describe one of the two tech pillars of our product. Its purposes is to:
- produce added value on the networks, contacts and groups for the user
- offload computation load from the web app pillar
We're envisioning lots of projects at the crossroads of software engineering and data (contact enrichment, relationship scoring, contact-based recommendation engine). And with this in mind, we're looking for a back-end engineer with a strong interest for data topics to join our remote team and helps us add value to our users' existing data.
We could be a great match if:
- you have a strong back-end skillset (either in Python, Go, NodeJS, Rust...) combined with a good knowledge of applied mathematics/signal processing/data science and coding
- you're looking to be included early in in the product specification process to challenge and provide technical feedback on feasibility, performance and cost.
- you wish to freely explore and suggest data-based user features.
- you're a creator with a strong vision for what technology can bring to use
- Frontend: React, Apollo Client / In-Memory Cache, TypeScript
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, Rest API, GraphQL, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Python, SQL
- Data pipeline: AWS Kinesis, AWS Firehose, AWS S3, AWS Glue (Crawler et Spark Job), AWS Athena
- Workers: FastAPI, Celery
- Orchestration : Airflow (Celery architecture deployed on AWS ECS)
- CI: Gitlab-CI
- Monitoring and alerting: Datadog, Sentry
What are we looking for?
- an overview of your background (either a resume or a Linkedin profile)
- a short note to tell us why we're a great fit for each other and how you envision your future @folk
We'll review your application and we''ll get back to you within a week. No matter what our decision is you will hear from us 🙃
Here's our hiring process for this role:
- A 30min video call with Morgane - Talent Manager to make sure our expectations are aligned.
- A 30min video call with Jean-Yves - CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you're interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset fit for the job.
- 1 tech call with Jean-Yves - CTO and one member from our engineering team:
- we explain what we do and how, show you a demo. you explain your skills and values. We see if it matches your expectations.
- we introduce you to the test. If we have time, we start working on it together. After that you can think about it until the test call.
Perks & Benefits
🌴 10 days off, in addition to the legal 25 days
🤩 folk-off, our quarterly events to gather the entire team
🛋️ Flexible remote policy
🖥️ A dedicated budget for remote setup, including the latest in Apple's equipment
💸 A compensation package to value your expertise and responsibility: competitive salary and equity incentive (BSPCE)
😋 A Swile card that you can use for lunch