🤝 Permanent & Full-time 🌍 Remote position 🪴 Impact: Sub-Team - Expertise: Intermediary/High/Expert
Who we are
CRMs is the most widely used SaaS in the enterprise, yet completely outdated. They are hard to onboard on. Hard to customize. Nowadays, we should expect more from software. Inspired by the new generation of productivity tools like Airtable, Notion, Figma, Shopify or Webflow, we believe the same level of simplicity, customization and integration is to apply to any software category in the enterprise.
Our goal is to bring the power of no-code to the world of CRM - a space that is yet to be revolutionized and is still dominated by legacy tools. We want to democratize the use of the CRM to any team that needs to manage its contacts collaboratively, such as teams into PR, Sales, Recruiting, VCs, Agencies, Real Estate.
folk has been founded 18 months ago. We've raised a seed funding round of $4,5M with Accel and 50 angels from companies like Figma, Notion, Stripe, Webflow, Pitch, Adobe. And we actually launched the first version of our product quite recently, there never was a more exciting time to join us!
Are you up for it?
At folk, data is a broader concept that can leverage technologies such as backend development, machine learning, web crawling, applied mathematics, graphs, etc... with the objective to define: How can we add value to our user's existing data ?
Data is used to describe one of the two tech pillars of our product. Its purposes is to:
- produce added value on the networks, contacts and groups for the user
- offload computation load from the web app pillar
We're envisioning lots of projects at the crossroads of software engineering and data (contact enrichment, relationship scoring, contact-based recommendation engine). And with this in mind, we're looking for a back-end engineer with a strong interest for data topics to join our remote team and helps us add value to our users' existing data.
We could be a great match if:
- you have a strong back-end skillset (either in Python, Go, NodeJS, Rust...) combined with a good knowledge of applied mathematics/signal processing/data science and coding
- you're looking to be included early in in the product specification process to challenge and provide technical feedback on feasibility, performance and cost.
- you wish to freely explore and suggest data-based user features.
- you're a creator with a strong vision for what technology can bring to use
- Frontend: React, Apollo Client / In-Memory Cache, TypeScript
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, Rest API, GraphQL, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Python, SQL
- Data pipeline: AWS Kinesis, AWS Firehose, AWS S3, AWS Glue (Crawler et Spark Job), AWS Athena
- Workers: FastAPI, Celery
- Orchestration : Airflow (Celery architecture deployed on AWS ECS)
- CI: Gitlab-CI
- Monitoring and alerting: Datadog, Sentry
Sounds like you? Then, we should probably meet 🙃
What are we looking for?
- an overview of your background (either a resume or a Linkedin profile)
- a short note to tell us why we're a great fit for each other and how you envision your future @folk
We'll review your application and we''ll get back to you within a week. No matter what our decision is you will hear from us 🙃
Here's our hiring process for this role:
- A 30min video call with Morgane - Talent Manager to make sure our expectations are aligned.
- A 30min video call with Jean-Yves - CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you're interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset fit for the job.
- 1 tech call with Jean-Yves - CTO and one member from our engineering team:
- we explain what we do and how, show you a demo. you explain your skills and values. We see if it matches your expectations.
- we introduce you to the test. If we have time, we start working on it together. After that you can think about it until the test call.
- 1h test: we use the test as a base for discussion to figure out how it feels working together and to cover coding skills, architecture and exploration on a new topic.
- A 30min video call with folk's cofounders. It's the perfect opportunity for you to ask anything about the company.
- (opt) 30 min coffee with team members to get a feel of the work atmosphere
Perks & Benefits
And here's the 🍒 on the 🍰
🏖️ Paid Time Off: in between 9 and 10 days off (depending on the number of working days within a year), in addition to the legal 25 days off
😋 Voucher meal: we'll cover 50% of your monthly lunch via Swile (€9/day).
🩺 Health insurance: we chose Alan (Alan Blue) and we'll cover 50% of the monthly fees for employees and their family.
🚇. Public transportation: folk reimburses 50% of your subscriptions (annual, monthly or weekly).
🖥️ IT equipment: we'll provide Apple equipment (either reconditioned or brand new, it's up to you!)
🏢 Co-working budget: working from home is great but from time to time you might want to work outside of your own place. That's why folk implemented a dedicated coworking budget for folks who cannot come to our parisian offices regularly.
🛋️. Remote set-up budget: we partner with Fleex and provide you with a dedicated budget to set-up your office at home.
🩹 Wellness days: this is meant to be an inclusive initiative that offers an extra 4 days off entitled for wellness. These are optional support days when your health isn't 100%(migraine, cold, Pre Menstrual Syndrom or period for instance). Those days are provided to everyone at folk regardless of seniority, with salary 100% maintained, without the need to have a medical certificate. We trust you and believe you're the best person to know when you should focus on your health.
🍼 First parent Parental Leave: we offer a fully paid first parent parental leave for every employee who welcomes a child (both birth and adoption). Extended parental leave for second parent: We offer a fully paid and extended second parent parental leave (30 days) for every employee who welcomes a child (both birth and adoption) no matter the marital status.
🏄 folk-off - our quarterly events to gather the entire team
🏡 Travel to HQ: we'll cover your traveling expense back to HQ in Paris (accommodation and main transportation) up to twice a months for 2 nights