Full-time remote position
Who we are
folk is a collaborative SaaS tool to centralize, organize and activate contacts. We're taking inspiration from the new wave of productivity tools like Superhuman, Figma, Notion and Airtable, to reinvent the way contacts are managed.
Our ambition is to become the reference both for individuals looking for a personal CRM as for large teams whose job revolves around managing contacts (candidates for HR, leads and clients for salespeople, journalists for PR, and many more)
Created within eFounders in 2020, we've raised a seed round with Accel and angels from forward-thinking companies (Notion, Intercom, Figma, Dropbox, Stripe, Google, etc.), and we're about to launch the first version of our product.
Check out our Product demo
Are you up for this challenge?
We want to expand folk beyond the simple web application to a self referring ecosystem. Think of it a suite of apps for different devices that all serve a different purpose or operational need but still all feed and add value to folk:
- folkX: the chrome extension allowing you to bridge LinkedIn and folk
- folkM: the mobile app allowing you to bring folk on the field with you (take notes, edit contacts, book meetings, assign contacts, etc...)
- folkA: the folk API that lets the user integrate with a wide array of tools
We're looking for our Mobile Engineer to join our ambitious remote team and help us build a unique yet complementary mobile experience for our users.
Most of this sounds like you? Let chat!
- you have iOS and Android development skills
- you have past experience in bootstrapping a mobile app from scratch on both platforms
- you're looking to define a mobile development strategy
- you have experience in API integration
- you have experience in design system integration
- you're looking to share your voice and challenge the existing specs
- you like to contribute in improving the development experience
- you like to work in teams, share ideas and knowledges
Our current stack
- Frontend: React, Apollo Client / In-Memory Cache, TypeScript
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, Rest API, GraphQL, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- SaaS: Algolia, Gitlab, Figma, Slack (gif-less so far...)
- Data: Python, Go
- Hosting: AWS (Aurora, ECS, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis, SQS)
- Monitoring: Datadog, Sentry
- Mobile: we'd love to hear your thoughts!
What are we looking for?
- an overview of your background (either a resume or a Linkedin profile)
- a short note to tell us why we're a great fit for each other and how you envision your future @folk
We'll review your application and we''ll get back to you within a week. No matter what our decision is you will hear from us 🙃
Here's our hiring process for this role:
- A 30min video call with Morgane - Talent Manager to make sure our expectations are aligned.
- A 30min video call with Jean-Yves - CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you're interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset fit for the job.
- A tech call with Jean-Yves - CTO and one member from our engineering team:
- we explain what we do and how, show you a demo. you explain your skills and values. We see if it matches your expectations.
- we introduce you to the test. If we have time, we start working on it together. After that you can think about it until the test call.
Perks & Benefits
🌴 10 days off, in addition to the legal 25 days
🤩 folk-off, our quarterly events to gather the entire team
🛋️ Flexible remote policy
🖥️ A dedicated budget for remote setup, including the latest in Apple's equipment
💸 A compensation package to value your expertise and responsibility: competitive salary and and equity incentive (BSPCE)
😋 A Swile card that you can use for lunch