Who we are
folk is a collaborative SaaS tool to centralize, organize and activate contacts. We're taking inspiration from the new wave of productivity tools like Superhuman, Figma, Notion and Airtable, to reinvent the way contacts are managed.
Our ambition is to become the reference both for individuals looking for a personal CRM as for large teams whose job revolves around managing contacts (candidates for HR, leads and clients for salespeople, journalists for PR, and many more)
Created within eFounders in 2020, we've raised a seed round with Accel and angels from forward-thinking companies (Notion, Intercom, Figma, Dropbox, Stripe, Google, etc.), and we're about to launch the first version of our product.
Are you up for this challenge?
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us reinvent the way people are managing their contacts.
Why you should apply:
- You already know the basics of the job: coding, architecture, optimization, testing, reviews, peer programming, monitoring, alerting, security, etc...
- We are an environment that will give you ownership over your projects: from inception to release and even after.
- We value quality. Over everything.
- We are action focused. We are fast-paced. We are straight to the point.
- We strive to improve our customers experience as much as our teammates experience.
- Our challenge is to satisfy the 7000 users that have requested an access during our beta. And many, many more to come.
- We like to set measurable goals. Typically 99.5% uptime, APDEX > 0.95, coverage > 90%. Add yours here.
- We would love to hear your ideas. On everything.
- We love sport and food.
You shouldn't apply if:
- You are looking for a place that will take care of everything for you. At Folk, we're looking for entrepreneur-minded people
- You spot an improvement opportunity but you save it for later. At Folk, we wanna make things reliable, efficient and simple. So we take any opportunity to move this way.
- Frontend: React, Apollo Client / In-Memory Cache, TypeScript
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, Rest API, GraphQL, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- SaaS: Algolia, Gitlab, Figma, Slack (gif-less so far...)
- Data: Python, Go
- Hosting: AWS (Aurora, ECS, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis, SQS)
- Monitoring: Datadog, Sentry
You'll be valued for:
- your experience (5+ years) building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- your experience using most techs on our stack
- your ability to quickly learn new things and your interest in solving hard problems
- your fluency in English (written and spoken)
- your team player attitude as you're eager to provide feedback and to receive them as learning opportunities
- your ability to prioritize in order to deliver on time, as speed of execution is key, while never compromising on quality
- your entrepreneurial spirit as you're not afraid of taking initiative and measured risks
What are we looking for?
- an overview of your background (either a resume or a Linkedin profile)
- a short note to tell us why we're a great fit for each other and how you envision your future @folk
We'll review your application and we''ll get back to you within a week. No matter what our decision is you will hear from us 🙃
Here's our hiring process for this role:
- A 30min video call with Morgane - Talent Manager to make sure our expectations are aligned.
- A 30min video call with Jean-Yves - CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you're interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset fit for the job.
- A 30min video call with folk's cofounders. It's the perfect opportunity for you to ask anything about the company.
- 1 tech call with Jean-Yves - CTO and one member from our engineering team:
- we explain what we do and how, show you a demo. you explain your skills and values. We see if it matches your expectations.
- we introduce you to the test. If we have time, we start working on it together. After that you can think about it until the test call.
Perks & Benefits
🌴 10 days off, in addition to the legal 25 days
🤩 folk-off, our quarterly events to gather the entire team
🛋️ Flexible remote policy
🖥️ A dedicated budget for remote setup, including the latest in Apple's equipment
💸 A compensation package to value your expertise and responsibility: competitive salary and and equity incentive (BSPCE)
😋 A Swile card that you can use for lunch