👋 Hi there,
We're building folk to help people achieve their goals through lasting, valuable relationships.
folk is the CRM that works for you, not the other way around. It’s lightweight, customizable, and powered with AI to let you easily build stronger relationships.
Are you up for it?
About the role.
- Collaborate closely with UX designers and product team to translate visions and concepts into reality
- Focus on creating a smooth and enjoyable user experience, prioritizing ease of use and intuitive design
- Advocate for performance and accessibility in every project, ensuring our applications are inclusive and efficient
- Work hand-in-hand with the rest of the development team to maintain a consistent design language and evangelize front-end best practices.
- Engage in constructive design and code reviews, fostering a positive environment of mutual growth and learning
- Embrace challenges and tackle performance bottlenecks with a problem-solving mindset
- Participate actively in team meetings, bringing fresh ideas and perspectives to the table
- Frontend: React, Apollo Client / In-Memory Cache, TypeScript
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, Rest API, GraphQL, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- SaaS: Algolia, Gitlab, Figma, Slack (gif-less so far...)
- Data: Python
- Hosting: AWS
- Monitoring: Datadog, Sentry
If you want to know more about the daily life at folk, the following sections should interest you 👀
- Who are the folks behind folk?
- What is it like to work at folk?
- What's the day-to-day in our engineering team?
- La Cadence or how folk's tech team finds its balance
Sounds like you? Then, we should probably chat.
If you're reading through this and recognize where you are now or how you're projecting yourself then we should probably chat.
If you're reading through this and have even the slightest doubt this role might be it for you, then we should probably chat. Don't make us miss out on the opportunity to meet you 🙃
What are we looking for?
- an overview of your background (either a resume or a Linkedin profile)
- a short note to tell us why we're a great fit for each other and how you envision your future @folk
Don't hesitate to share any questions you may have in mind while sending us your application. If you're wondering about it, we should probably share more info in here.
We'll get back to you within a week. No matter our decision, you will hear from us 🙃
Here's our hiring process for this role:
- A 30-minute video call with Morgane - Talent Manager to make sure our expectations are aligned.
- A 45-minute video call with Jean-Yves - CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you're interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset and mindset fit for the job.
- A 1h call with Jean-Yves - CTO and one member of our engineering team. During this session, we will have a high-level conversation about architecture and product.
- 1h technical test, pair programming: we use the test as a base for discussion to figure out how it feels working together and to cover coding skills, architecture and exploration on a new topic.
- A 30-minute video call with folk's cofounders. It's the perfect opportunity for you to ask anything about the company.
- (opt) 30-minute coffee with team members to get a feel of the work atmosphere